Boston has dancers who either dance On1 (LA style), On2 (New York style), or both. We even have a few regular club dancers who dance Cuban style (but they’re so few I can count them all on the fingers of my hand).
The following studios and instructors offer lessons. They are all greatly involved in the Boston salsa community, and many of Boston’s regular salsa dancers are one of their students. Click the studio links below to read their profiles and watch videos of them dancing:
- Divinity Dance Studio, On2 (Lynn, MA)
- Hacha y Machete, On2 (Lawrence MA, no group lessons, privates only, last updated 6/5/2010).
- Masacote, On2 (Kenmore, Cambridge).
- Noche Latina, On1 (Somerville & Woburn, MA).
- Rumba y Timbal, On1 (Central Square, Cambridge).
- Salsa Matei, On1 (Central Square, Cambridge).
- Salsa y Control, On1 (Allston, MA).
- Mariano Neris (On2 instruction).
Past Dance Companies
- Jam’nastics (1990? – 2005?).
- Hips On Fire, On1 (Central Square, Cambridge).
- Hips On Fire moved to Spain near the end of 2009! They were a part of the Boston Salsa Community for like 11 years! We’ll miss you guys!
- Leña Dance Company, On2.
- Melaza Dance Company, On2, directed by April Genovese (